Today I want to share with you my 5 instant weight loss tips to kick start your journey. So let’s get started.
1. Drink plenty of water. There are apps you can download where you input your weight to see how much you should drink and that helps a lot. The app I use is called Plant Nanny. To your water you can add fruit like blueberries, blackberries, strawberries to make it more interesting and refreshing. I also love adding cucumber 💚
2. Prepare you meals in advance. Doing meal prep really helps when you’re busy, tired or just don’t have the time. This will help with unnecessary snacking or making a bad choice at lunch or dinner. I also prepare my snacks, so I will always have fruit ready, eggs cooked in the fridge and carrot sticks at hand with some sort of dip.
3. Cut down on the fizzy drinks. It doesn’t matter if it is a diet drink & tastes yummy 😋 this will lead to bloating and it’s full of chemicals. Yes I still have the odd drink but I have cut it right back.
4. Don’t drink your calories. So what I mean is when you’re losing weight and drink your calories it will stunt your losses. So for now, stay away from smoothies, especially the ones premade in the shops. When you blend a fruit it changes the properties in it and your body digests it different, it also releases lots of sugar. It will not fill you up and you will want to snack again, which will lead to eating an excess of calories.
5. Eat slowly. If you chew your food 10-15 times then it makes it easier on your gut to digest and pass through. It also takes 20mins for your belly to know you’ve eaten enough, so by eating slower you will not get that stuffed feeling and you’ll feel satisfied. If you have food left over just put it in the fridge for later or tomorrow’s lunch. Enjoy the flavours of the food and when you focus on your food you’ll not think about what can I eat next. A lesson I learnt because I was always a quick eater and went on thinking mmm what’s next? Try it and you’ll see a difference. If you do, pop back and leave me a comment to let me know.
Just a few quick fire tips and I hope they help!
Have a great weekend guys x